Revolutionary Coconut Chia Pudding
We need to talk about chia pudding for a second. Even though it may be a wildly easy, healthy grab and go breakfast, I never cared for it much. Almond milk and chia seeds? Ehh…no thanks. A bit bland, a bit mushy, and just not the best to me.
BUT! Hear me out about THIS chia pudding. This one is different. I hardly even think of it as chia pudding – it’s more like a thick, delicious, coconut-y breakfast concoction. Almost like a seedy, cinnamon-y yogurt. Okay I am getting off track and claiming it’s like 200 different things now, but you hopefully get the picture. Or you will when you try this!
I love using plain coconut yogurt here for amazing flavour and sweetness. I find the few coconut yogurts available here in Toronto to be quite thin, but I really enjoy super thick, creamy yogurt. Adding chia + flax seeds was been my solution to this issue as of late, and it turns the mixture into a thick hybrid between yogurt + chia pudding. I also threw in a few other ingredients to make it extra special and flavourful.
This delicious mixture is PERFECT to prep ahead of time for weekday breakfasts – the following recipe makes one serving, but feel free to double, triple etc as desired! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1/4 c. plain, unsweetened coconut yogurt (I like Yoso or Silk)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds and/or chopped dried fruit (optional but great for extra texture!)
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
- Fresh fruit
- Chia jam (or regular jam)
- Nut butter
- Nuts / seeds
- Simply combine all of your ingredients in a small glass jar, leave it overnight in the fridge and wake up with a thick, creamy breakfast! Top with desired toppings and enjoy.
- Feel free to multiply the recipe as needed for more servings!