Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
GUYZZZZZ. It is NO secret that I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I know I already have a recipe for some here on the blog, but this version is made with almond butter and no flour at all, and they are HEAVEN on earth!!!!
I know almond butter is a liiiittle bit expensive, but trust me, it is 100% worth it for these cookies. That being said, you can also use peanut butter or another nut butter and they will still turn out the same!!!
They have a perfect chewy texture, are packed with oats and are just sweet enough. I love adding a chopped up extra dark chocolate bar to them (like 85% – crazy but I’ve been on a kick lately for some reason). I’ve already made these like 5 times since creating the recipe and I could not stop eating them. Which is bad. But like…I just love cookies. And tbh I don’t really trust anyone who doesn’t like cookies.
If you give these babies a try, don’t forget to tag me @KulasKitchen and/or use the hashtag #KulasKitchen! I love seeing what you guys make it makes me SO HAPPY. Like I get emotional??? Lol. Okay I’m done now. Go eat cookies!!!!
- 1 c. almond butter
- ½ c. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted + cooled
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs (regular or flax eggs work!)
- 1 c. rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your almond butter, coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth. Add in your eggs (or flax eggs) and stir to thoroughly combine.
- To the wet mixture, add your baking soda, salt and oats, and give everything a good stir to combine. It should be fairly sticky but not wet. At this point, it is a good idea to place the dough in the fridge for at least 30 mins to let it firm up, but this is not totally necessary.
- Once dough is ready, form 2 tbsp. sized balls and place them on your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly browned but still soft. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for at least 15 mins before enjoying!