Avocado, Spinach + White Bean Dip
Does anyone who isn’t a college freshman, a pub-lover or a super-loyal Irish still celebrate St. Patrick’s Day??? It honestly doesn’t even matter that much because green things are delicious things and I’ll take an excuse to eat them (not that I need one).
Back when I was at university in Montreal, St. Patty’s was DEFINITELY a big event. But then again, so was any event that involved copious amounts of beer and roaming the streets of the student ghetto in a debaucherous pack.
What can I say?! Those were without a doubt some memorable times, but things have definitely changed since then. And for the record, I could never drink myself to drink beer that had been dyed green. Just…not for me.
Moving on! I made this dip a couple of weeks ago and figure it would be perfect if you’re looking to celebrate this holiday AND nourish yourself with delicious + nutritious food 🙂 It’s super simple to make and features the creaminess of avocado and white beans, with a punch of lemon and garlic to brighten things up. It almost has a guacamole vibe, but with the added fibre and protein of beans. YES to that!
- 1 can of white beans (around 500g), rinsed + drained
- 2 small, very ripe avocados
- 1/2 c. fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Chopped pistachios, for topping (if desired)
- Simply combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached. The spinach may still look a bit chunky in the dip, but that’s okay! Taste and adjust seasonings as needed (you may want more salt or lemon).
- Serve dip in a bowl and top with fresh pepper, ax extra drizzle of good-quality olive oil and the chopped pistachios.
- Serve with veggies, crackers and/or chips of choice. Enjoy!