Tahini Maple Latte
IT’S FINALLY HERE!
I’ve posted about this heavenly beverage a few times now on my Instagram, and it seems to have piqued the interest of a large handful of people. I did post the rough recipe in one of my photo captions a while back, but I’ve had more than a few requests to post the OFFICIAL recipe here on my blog.
So today is the day! It’s time to bust out your preferred coffee-maker and hop on to this magical drink that is the TAHINI LATTE ❤️❤️❤️
If you follow me on Instagram, you all know how deeply attached I am to my super-creamy morning coffees. I love to start my morning by blending some sort of fat in my coffee, which lends a decadent, creamy texture and provides me with a bit of fuel. I typically add in unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a scoop of collagen powder, a knob of coconut oil, and a tiny bit of sweetener if I’m in the mood (honey/maple/a small date).
After chatting with my girl Tabitha about making a calming nighttime elixir with tahini and milk, we decided to try blending it with our morning coffees. This incredible treat was born and I’ve never looked back! The combination might sound strange, but it’s UNREAL – the marriage of coffee, tahini and pure maple syrup results in a silky, nutty and slightly sweet beverage that perfectly hits the spot in the morning.
Hope you love this one, and please tag me if you make it! I want to see all of your #TahiniLatte creations 🙂
- 12-16 oz freshly brewed coffee (I always use my Chemex!)
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut or almond milk, warmed
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1-2 tsp. honey or pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it!)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Big pinch of cinnamon
- Big pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (optional but delicious)
- 1 scoop grass-fed collagen (optional)
- Simply combine your brewed coffee and warmed almond/coconut milk with remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend for 30 seconds until frothy.
- Note: I use my NutriBullet and because the liquid is hot, I will turn the cup upright when it’s finished blending and then wait 1-2 minutes before removing the lid, as the heat may cause some pressure that needs to settle.
- Pour into a large mug and ENJOY!