Seedy Sesame Date Breakfast Cookies
Happy Friday friends! It’s been a WEEK. Anyone else feel this?!
I’m quickly popping in to share this recipe that I promised a couple of weeks ago when I teased it on my Instagram. The weeks seriously just fly by (plus my internet has been down since Monday), but I wanted to slip in before the weekend and give you this cookie recipe, because they are just too good not to.
These incredible little cookies are perfect for breakfast, a mid-morning snack or even a lightly sweet dessert. They’re hearty, nutty, slightly sweet from the maple syrup and have the perfect amount of crunch. I’m honestly pretty addicted.
I’m obsessed with anything sesame these days (in case you haven’t been able to tell), and the combination of peanut butter with crunchy little sesame seeds here is a dream! They also contain hemp, flax and chia to give you that boost of fibre + protein, plus the chunks of juicy, sweet date take these to the next level and add a decadent natural sweetness.
Bake up a batch of these gems this weekend and snack on them throughout the week, whenever you need a quick, nutritious and delicious treat. Sending everyone good vibes this weekend – enjoy! ❤️
- 1 c. thick rolled oats
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- ½ c. nut butter of choice (peanut butter or tahini are both amazing)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, softened
- ¼ c. hemp hearts
- ¼ c. ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ c. chopped dark chocolate
- ⅓ c. chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line or grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together your oats, hemp hearts, ground flaxseeds, chia, sesame seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in your maple, softened coconut oil and nut butter and mix everything together until well combined. You should have a thick dough.
- Shape the dough into 12 cookies, place on your baking sheet and flatten them slightly with your hands.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.