Well hello! I’m Emma Kula. Here’s a photo of me doing what I do best – eating a donut while exploring a new city (Chicago I like you a lot!)
My mission here is simple: to dispel the myth that healthy eating is difficult + expensive, and help you eat REAL, healthy + delicious food that will make you feel amazing without spending a crazy amount of money.
I’ve always loved food, but the obsession has grown over the past few years into a full-on passion for cooking and most importantly, eating real food. After years of reading food blogs non-stop and debating whether I should thrust myself in that world, here we are!
I want to make healthy food accessible to everyone and to dispel the myth that eating delicious, healthy, REAL food is expensive or difficult. I’ve spent years hearing friends, acquaintances & strangers write off healthy eating because it’s “too expensive” or “too difficult” – and frankly, this drives me nuts! The thing is, I don’t blame people for having this false idea. In this day and age, there are so many people and companies telling us about speciality products & potions and why we should be consuming them. But the truth is that you can get everything you need to live a healthy lifestyle from simple, whole ingredients – and these are highly accessible! Shocker, I know. It just takes a bit of commitment and planning – so I’m going to make it as easy as possible for you.
Here you’ll find all kinds of sweet + savoury recipes, many of them grain-free, gluten-free, refined-sugar free, and occasionally vegan. I don’t stick to any particular diet – I just eat what makes me feel best after years of experimenting with different foods and discovering what helps me to function my best.
Fun facts about me:
- I grew up and currently live in Toronto, Canada and have lived here for most of my life, with a 5 year stint in Montreal (amazing city, where I attended McGill University) and a dreamy 6 months in Amsterdam (even better city – it has my heart forever and I plan to go back one day).
- I have no idea what I would do without the existence of peanut butter. You can ask anyone who knows me – I eat it every single day. I think it’s a bit out of control but I’m okay with it.
- Music is really important to me and is probably something that I couldn’t live without. I don’t discriminate but especially love hip hop & R&B – my favourite artists include Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, SZA, Anderson Paak, Erykah Badu, The Strokes, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys and the list goes on. Does anyone care about this? I just like talking about music but I’ll stop now.
- I have a few insanely irrational fears, including but not limited to: waking people up (really stressful; I won’t do it), people touching my feet while I walk up stairs (honestly idk), and sudden loud sounds (this one is more just deeply annoying to me).
- My favourite physical activity is boxing. I started out doing it as a workout a couple of years ago and got fixated on the sport. I don’t train super seriously anymore but I still love throwing punches (although getting punched in the face is no joke).
- I think traveling is one of the best and most important forms of education, for those who are lucky enough to do it. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit many places in Europe like France, Germany, The Netherlands (see above), Croatia, Greece, Italy, Hungary + Spain, as well as Peru, India & Colombia. New York also has a small piece of my heart. Next on my list is first and foremost Japan, as well as more of South America (I dream of Patagonia).
Shouts out to YOU for visiting my website – I respect that big time. Hope you find something helpful here. Get cooking pals!