Well hello! I’m Emma Kula. Here’s a photo of me doing what I do best – eating a donut while exploring a new city (what’s up Chicago, I like you a lot)
My mission here is simple: to dispel the myth that healthy eating is difficult + expensive, and help you eat REAL, healthy + delicious food without breaking the bank.
I’ve always loved food, but the obsession has grown over the past few years into a full-on passion for cooking and most importantly, eating real food. After years of reading food blogs non-stop and debating whether I should thrust myself in that world, rendering myself a TINY fish in a very large sea, I decided to just go for it because why the hell not? And here we are!
I really like food. And I want to make healthy food accessible to everyone and to dispel the myth that eating delicious, healthy, REAL food is expensive. I’ve spent years hearing friends, acquaintances & strangers write off healthy eating because it’s “too expensive” or “too difficult” – and frankly, this drives me nuts! The thing is, I don’t blame people for having this false idea. In this day and age, there are so many people and companies telling us about speciality products & potions and why we should be consuming them. But the truth is that you can get everything you need to live a healthy lifestyle from simple, whole ingredients – and you don’t have to be rich! Shocker, I know. It just takes a bit of commitment and planning – so I’m going to help you and make it as easy as possible.
Here you’ll find all kinds of sweet + savoury recipes, many of them vegan, gluten-free and refined-sugar free. That’s just how I roll (or try to, at least) after years of experimenting with different foods and discovering what makes me feel + function my best. I am by no means vegan (I eat eggs + fish), but I have experimented with it and have friends who are, so I’ve delved into the world of vegan cooking + baking. Plus I like these kinds of challenges because I’m a freak.
Fun facts about me:
- I grew up and currently live in Toronto, Canada and have lived here for most of my life, with a 5 year stint in Montreal (amazing city, where I attended McGill University) and a 6 month adventure in Amsterdam (even better city – it has my heart forever and I plan to move back one day).
- I have no idea what I would do without the existence of peanut butter. You can ask anyone who knows me – I eat it every single day. I think it’s a bit out of control but I’m okay with it.
- Music is really important to me and is probably something that I couldn’t live without. I don’t discriminate but especially love hip hop / R&B – my favourite artists include Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, SZA, Erykah Badu, Chance the Rapper, Kanye West & Daniel Caesar. I also love The Strokes, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys and the list goes on. Does anyone care about this? I just like talking about music but I’ll stop now.
- I have a few insanely irrational fears, including but not limited to: waking people up (really stressful; I won’t do it), people touching my feet while I walk up stairs (honestly idk), and sudden loud sounds (this one is more just annoying).
- I’m a (very) amateur boxer. I started out doing it just as a workout and got fixated on the sport. Getting punched in the face is no joke but I’m obsessed.
- I think traveling is one of the best + most important forms of education, for those who are lucky enough to do it. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit many places in Europe like France, Germany, The Netherlands (see above), Croatia, Greece, Italy, Hungary + Spain, as well as Peru, a recent trip to India and an upcoming trip to Colombia. New York also has a small piece of my heart. Next on my list is first and foremest Japan, as well as more of South America (I dream of Patagonia).
Shouts out to YOU for visiting my website – I respect that big time. Now get cooking!