The Best Almond Butter Granola
Homemade granola is probably one of my favourite things ever, and arguably, one of the best foods on the planet. There is NOTHING, and I mean nothing, like fresh warm granola (that you made yourself) coming out of the oven and filling your home with sweet, cinnamon-y goodness. Daaaamn that’s the good stuff!
People ALWAYS ask me for my granola recipe, and the truth is, I did not come up with this myself (although I wish I did). It is from the genius that is Angela from Oh She Glows, and I usually make a modification of the recipe that’s on her app – which is amazing, by the way, if you don’t already have it. This granola is the absolute perfect combination of crunchy nuts, sweet vanilla, rich almond butter and a sprinkle of sea salt to really bring out the sweetness. It is lower in sugar than many other granolas, but it tastes SO decadent – which is what I love about it!
This recipe makes a huge batch because it never lasts me more than a couple of weeks (and I live alone…lol) and I promise it’ll be the same for you. It’s THAT addictive. I love this in yogurt bowls, on top of smoothies, sprinkled onto toast/banana bread/pancakes, or just by the handful! Sometimes when I’m looking for a sweet treat after dinner, I take a big chunk of this and dip it in coconut butter. And then repeat like 5 times and shove it in my face. Lol…secret’s out!
Hope you love this as much as I do (which is a LOT), and thanks the Oh She Glows app for the incredible recipe inspiration! This is truly the only granola I make now 🙂
- 3½ c. rolled oats
- ¾ c. chopped nuts (I love almonds or walnuts)
- ¼ c. pumpkin seeds (can also use sunflower, hemp, etc.)
- ¼ c. ground flaxseed
- ¼ c. coconut sugar (you can even lower it to 2-3 tbsp. for less sweet version)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- ¼ c. almond butter (can use any nut butter here)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment (or a silicone mat).
- Mix the dry ingredients (oats through sea salt) in a large bowl until combined.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add your coconut oil + maple, stirring until combined and heated. Add in your almond butter and whisk until the mixture is completely smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in your vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixtures and thoroughly stir so everything is nice and coated.
- Divide the mixture between your baking sheets, making sure everything is in a fairly thin layer so that it crisps up.
- Bake for 16-18 mins, then remove the pans and gently break/loosen the granola up with a spatula. Return the pans to the oven and bake for another 5-10 mins, checking carefully to make sure it doesn't burn. When the edges are just starting to brown, it's time to remove it!
- Let the granola sit on your pans for a good 10 minutes or so to crisp up. Break into pieces (as big/small as you like) and store in a sealed jar/container! It will last a few weeks - but you will eat it all before then 😉